Lifeshare is a voluntary organisation established to help meet the needs of homeless and vulnerable people in Manchester and Salford. The first point of contact is with people on the streets, offering practical assistance, support and information. From this point we offer continued assistance that enables people to secure suitable accommodation, support them in maintaining their tenancies, and help them to access initiatives that carry their lives forward.
We believe that all people regardless of race, creed, sexuality, gender, age, level of ability or HIV status are entitled to respect and dignity and should be afforded equal opportunities.
We are a non-religious organization and have no political affiliations.
- To identify street homelessness and offer assistance in obtaining emergency accommodation, signposting other relevant agencies and information for support;
- To alleviate aspects of poverty and hardship through redistribution of resources;
- To assist people to access Primary Health Care and to promote health and harm reduction;
Who We Are
Lifeshare’s staff all have a deep dedication to helping people who are homeless, vulnerable or marginalized.
- Judy Vickers is Lifeshare’s Operations Manager, she has worked with Lifeshare since 2005, and is qualified in social work. Judy manages the core operations of the CARDS service and is responsible for raising Lifeshare’s profile by means of corporate engagement, representing Lifeshare at a strategic level city wide.
- Susan Grumbridge, Resettlement Worker, she works with the young people to assist them into both interim and sustainable accommodation, including ensuring they have the tools, knowledge and support to maintain their tenancy
- Holly Eddleston, Criminal Justice Worker, she works to ensure the young people are supported through the criminal justice system, offering support, guidance and ensuring young people have the tools to break out of the reoffending cycle.
- Peter Rycroft, Company Secretary, is Lifeshare’s longest standing employee, overseeing the organisation’s finances.
- Ellen Gallacher, Accounts Payable, in charge of keeping Lifeshare’s books, sending and managing invoices and covering the general finances.
- Melissa Brown, Administrative Support Officer, creates and maintains physical and digital files, co-ordinates and schedules meetings and events, manages communication and social media.
Board of Trustees
Lifeshare’s activities are overseen by a board of trustees (who are also the directors of the charitable company):
- Christine Sivori – Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Nicola Sivori – Treasurer
- Shelley Lanchbury
- Sandip Patel
- Richard Price
- Victoria Morrison
- Robin Toal