———- APPLICATIONS FOR CHRISTMAS PROJECT VOLUNTEERS HAVE NOW CLOSED ————–
We are now recruiting for this year’s Christmas Project. Please note that places are limited and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis, and the most popular days (especially Christmas Day) do fill up quickly.
Please take a moment to read some of the accompanying information to see if this is a project you are interested in before completing an online application form.
Before you submit your application to volunteer for the Christmas Project, please note the following:
- Please select the dates on which you will commit to volunteering, not just the dates on which you are available. Once your application is submitted, your shifts will have been confirmed and we will add you to the rota on the days you selected. We will not contact you in person to confirm your shifts.
- You should receive an email confirming your application. Please print a copy of this email and bring it with you for every shift. If you do not receive this email, please contact us and let us know.
- Once a shift has been filled, we will accept no more applications for that shift and popular days (especially Christmas Day) fill up very quickly.
- First-time volunteers are required to provide details of two character references. They will both be contacted immediately when you submit the form, and your application will not be complete until we have received a positive response from at least one. We strongly advise that you ask your referees if they are willing to provide a reference before submitting the form. Please take a moment to read our policy on obtaining references if you have not already done so. We ask you to provide references with an email address because we request references electronically to reduce our admin and stationery costs.
- If you have any difficulty submitting the form, please check our troubleshooting page for known issues. If this does not help, please report the problem to us so that we can fix it as soon as possible.
Policy on Obtaining References
At Lifeshare, we want to ensure that you – and the people you will be working with – are suitable for the volunteer role. To this end, we ask you for two character references when you first apply as a volunteer. These should be from people who know you well, though not necessarily people that you have worked with professionally – a friend or colleague who knows you personally will do. Out of courtesy to them, please let them know that you have suggested them as referees to Lifeshare.
We ask for references electronically to reduce our admin and stationery costs, so you must provide references with an email address.
Your application will not be approved until we have received at least one satisfactory reference.
For the Christmas Project, where we are working to a tight schedule, we will contact you around 1 December if we have not received at least one satisfactory reference, whereupon you will have one week to ensure that at least one of your referees provide us with a reference for you.